Where to Find Us
We are located at the end of Divinity Avenue off Kirkland Street in Cambridge, MA. Our address is 22 Divinity Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138.
- 9am - 5pm, Monday - Friday, except for university holidays.
- Please make arrangements with the curatorial staff prior to arrival. See the collections visitor policy for more information.
- Main Reading Room: 9am - 5pm, Monday - Friday, except for university holidays.
- Farlow Library Reading Room: 9:30am - 12pm, Monday - Friday. Materials from the Farlow may be retrieved and used in the Main Reading Room from 12pm - 4:30pm.
- Archives appointments are available 10am - 3pm, Monday - Friday.
Educational tours of the Herbaria facilities may be given to small groups. To request a tour, please contact us with the following information. Requests should be submitted at least two months in advance of the proposed date.
- Preferred date and time
- Number of attendees
- Focus and purpose of visit
- Interests/background knowledge/age group
- Is handicapped access needed?
- Is the group also planning to visit to the glass models at the Harvard Museum of Natural History?
Requests will be reviewed and responded to in a timely fashion. If the tour is approved, the applicant will be contacted to plan the details of the event.
To obtain a permit you must register at University Operations Services at least one day in advance. The closest lot is at 52 Oxford Street, behind HUH. Lots can fill up quickly, so try to obtain a permit as early as possible. You'll need the following information:
- Department: OEB/MCZ/Herbaria
- Department Code: 2017