* Please note there are no public exhibits at the Herbaria.
For exhibits open to the public, please visit the Harvard Museum of Natural History. *
Where to Find Us
We are located at the end of Divinity Avenue off Kirkland Street in Cambridge, MA. Our address is 22 Divinity Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138.
- 9am - 5pm, Monday - Friday, except for university holidays.
- Please make arrangements with the curatorial staff prior to arrival; appointments are required. See the collections visitor policy for more information.
- Main Reading Room: 9am - 5pm, Monday - Friday, except for university holidays.
- Farlow Library Reading Room: 9:30am - 12pm, Monday - Friday. Materials from the Farlow may be retrieved and used in the Main Reading Room from 12pm - 4:30pm.
- Archives appointments are available 10am - 3pm, Monday - Friday.
Educational tours of the Herbaria facilities may be given to small groups. To request a tour, please contact us with the following information. Requests should be submitted at least two months in advance of the proposed date.
- Preferred date and time
- Number of attendees
- Focus and purpose of visit
- Interests/background knowledge/age group
- Is handicapped access needed?
- Is the group also planning to visit to the glass models at the Harvard Museum of Natural History?
Requests will be reviewed and responded to in a timely fashion. If the tour is approved, the applicant will be contacted to plan the details of the event.
Visitors requiring parking may purchase a visitor day permit from Harvard Transportation and Parking. The closest parking lot is at 52 Oxford Street, behind HUH. Lots can fill up quickly, so try to obtain a permit as early as possible. You'll need the following information:
- Department: OEB/MCZ/Herbaria
- Department Code: 2017
Please note that visitors requiring accessible parking must contact University Disability Services. For more information on accessible parking, click here.