The mission of the Harvard University Herbaria (HUH) is to enrich and expand knowledge about plants, fungi and “algae.” HUH pursues this mission by supporting and engaging in:
- Preservation of plant and fungal specimens, culturally and historically significant artifacts, scientifically important data sets and digital assets, and library and archival resources.
- Research in plant biodiversity and scholarship that makes use of HUH resources.
- Access to the physical and digital collections, libraries, archives, and associated data.
- Education and Outreach for teaching and the general public.
- Advocacy for the continued financial and social support of plant biodiversity research and scholarship.