- Reference assistance is available in the reading room.
- Public workstations in the reading rooms allow patrons to access to all Harvard licensed resources. Users may download materials to thumb drives.
- A photocopier with scanning capabilities and high quality scans for publication are available. Consult the Library for permission forms and fee schedules.
- Access to Harvard's WIFI network for:
- Inter-library loan of non-Harvard materials is only available to members of the department. Patrons may request materials from the Arnold Arboretum to be delivered to the Botany Libraries.
- The staff aim to respond to non-commercial phone and email inquiries within five working days, spending approximately 30 minutes per request. Patrons are welcome to visit and use the Botany Libraries resources for questions that require more time and research.
- The Botany Libraries' archival collections are available only by appointment with the Archivist. Researchers may consult archival materials Monday through Friday between 10:00 am and 3:00 pm. Please allow one week for requests for information and appointments to be processed.
- The Archivist will supply researchers with appropriate permissions forms and coordinate requests for high resolution images. Fees may apply.